André Michel
Port-au-Prince, May 7, 2026.- The political leader signing the National Pact for Stability and Elections strongly criticized, on Thursday, May 7, on Radio Magik9, the lack of concrete progress in the organization of elections in Haiti. André Michel denounces the absence of an electoral decree, a budget and a timetable, while asserting that the relations between the executive and the CEP are "delete". He says he's feeding "reasonable doubts" about the government's real willingness to organise the elections this year.
Speaking on the panel Magik show, André Michel made a serious observation of the state of progress of the electoral process in Haiti. According to him, three months after the signing of the National Pact for Stability and Elections, several major commitments have still not been fulfilled by the executive.
In particular, the political leader stressed that the follow-up committee envisaged under the Pact has not yet been set up. He also denounced the absence of an electoral decree, a budget for the organization of elections and a clear electoral calendar.
« So far, there is no electoral decree, no election budget, no election date »he said, believing that this situation is fuelling concerns about the political transition.
André Michel also revealed tensions between the government and the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP). « Relations between the executive and the CEP are not good »he said, referring to a "deletion" relationship between the two institutions.
On the security front, he recalled that several areas of the country remain under the control of armed gangs, including recent violence in Artibonite. For him, delays in the electoral process could also slow down the deployment of the international security support force.
The signatory of the pact insisted that this international mission will not come "to support a government", but rather to support the electoral process and help create the security conditions necessary for the elections.
Despite his criticisms, André Michel claims to remain committed to the National Pact and to the process leading to the return to constitutional order. However, he called on Prime Minister Didier Fils-Aimé's government to fully assume its responsibilities to enable the elections to be held in 2026.
W.A.





















